16:9 in English
16:9 is a Danish journal of film studies. Each issue features an article in English by a renowned film scholar.
Please contact editor Jakob
Isak Nielsen or editor Jan
Oxholm for more information or if you have material that
you want us to consider for publication.
16:9’s peer review process is double-blind. It applies to articles only.
The peer review is presented in the form of grading system from A to D:
B. Publishable with minor alterations
C. Publishable with major alterations
D. Not publishable
The grade will be accompanied by a brief review (approximately 1-2 pages) that includes all suggested alterations. The following questions will be the focus of the review:
- Is the topic clearly articulated?
- Does the article raise relevant questions?
- Is the article written in a clear language?
- Is new information brought to light?
- Is the article interesting from a methodological and/or theoretical perspective?
- Is the argumentation clear and precise?
- Are the headings good and catchy?
- How can the article be improved (e.g. structure, readibility, topics, sources)?
- Other comments